Sunday, 17 February 2008

The First Post

I've been a JAFA now for 13 days, a JAFA being "Just Another Flaming Aucklander". "Flaming" is commonly replaced by an alternative. No prizes for guessing which one.

My house is enormous, 165m² (1,775ft²) and lovely. It was built in 1928 and has 10 foot high ceilings. The doors are all 2' 9" wide rather than 2' 6", which is the norm these days. There's a window seat in the lounge. The view from the back of the house is superb, I can see One Tree Hill; which won't mean a thing to most people but if you are local to here you'll know what I mean.

Here's a few pictures... excuse the mess, they were taken the day after I moved in.



The view - One Tree Hill is in the far distance


From the window seat in the lounge through to the back of the dining room


Some of the kitchen showing the spare area behind it

The kitchen from the breakfast area

There is still an enormous amount of unpacking and sorting out to do so I'll post more when my feet touch the ground.

I miss Paraparaumu greatly but Auckland does have benefits, there is far more social life here.

1 comment:

caramaena said...

What a great view! Hope you're all settled in and enjoying the new place :)