Thursday, 22 November 2007

Pack up my troubles...

cats, goods, chattels and other detritus and move my sorry butt to Auckland.

I have a job! I'll still be doing my Dr. Simon stuff on the side, but I have a permanent job to go to. Whilst I love my work, it isn't that secure and I do have to have the tiniest eye on the future. NZ$60,000 a year and a car goes a long way towards doing that.

The firm I'm going to work for have been all manual up until now, no computers at all. My task is to bring computers in and make them work sensibly for them. I'm looking forward to it immensely!

For the first time in my life I feel as if I've grown roots here in Paraparaumu, only to have to tear them up and say goodbye to all my friends round here and that will hurt, big time. There will be a lot of tears on my face when that happens in the new year. Hell, there are tears in my eyes now just thinking about it. I know I can come down here and visit,and vice-versa but it's a helluva long drive - at least 8 hours plus stopping time. I'll also have to live in a city and I'm not a city boy, they always seem so impersonal and rowdy. Constant car noise and the like doesn't make for a peaceful life. But then I will have easy access to galleries, theatres and other goodies that the countryside doesn't have.

There are two definite upsides though. Auckland has excellent support of both diabetes and ADHD!

Anyone fancy moving to Auckland with me? I'll be very lonely there and I'm really not looking forward to that. And if you already live there please say Hi? Some friendly faces will help me greatly.

2 comments:

Jozet at Halushki said...

I don't know about moving with you, but I'd love to visit New Zealand.

Heck, I'd love to visit anywhere right now. I have a globe-trotters spirit with a hobo's pocketbook.

Good luck with your move! It sounds like an adventure!

caramaena said...

Good luck with the new job and the move.

Years ago, I assisted a bookstore to bring in a computer system and get it set up. It was a *big* job! Enjoy :)